Artificial intelligence (AI) is coming into our day-to-day life now whether you say Hey! Google to your Google Assistant or Hey Siri! The box inside which it all performs is the same. It’s unlikely that no one is aware of AI in our lives. The future is building with AI, these programs are passing the limits of expectations that we assumed. The first working AI programs were written in 1951 to run on the Ferranti Mark 1 machine of the University of Manchester: a checkers-playing program written by Christopher Strachey and a chess-playing program written by Dietrich Prinz. The beginning of AI can be traced when two classical philosophers attempt to describe human thinking as a symbolic system. But the field of AI wasn’t formally founded until 1956, at a conference at Dartmouth College, in Hanover, New Hampshire, where the term “artificial intelligence” was coined.
The concept of simulation of human thinking is growing, now machines can think, respond and perform tasks. AI can do problem-solving and it can predict based on algorithms. Now you will be thinking that AI is smart enough right? Well the whole concept behind AI is to mimic humans thinking whenever you have a thought, there is a corresponding chemical reaction in your mind and body as a result. AI is the simulation of human thinking to perform problem-solving, complex tasks, and replicate human emotions by programs.
Why do we need AI?
Modern age human beings can not stay with their phones, every one of us likes to automate our work, using calculators in our smartphone, saying, Hey Alexa! , Hey Google! Or Hey Siri!. AI is influencing our lives and is becoming a part of it. If a person from the 1950’s time travels in 2020 and sees how our lives have changed, that person would be amazed. We use AI in every field whether in our lives, in business, or now even in education. AI is even programming to save lives. There’s no doubt we don’t need AI.
Now works are automating in businesses, we are controlling everything through our smartphones and students are having more influential studying experience, AI is behind everything. It made our lives so simpler like controlling performs through our voice, fingertip.
How Artificial Intelligence (AI) Works?
Building an AI system is a careful process of reverse-engineering human traits and capabilities in a machine, and using its computational prowess to surpass what we are capable of.
To understand How Artificial Intelligence actually works, one needs to deep dive into the various sub-domains of Artificial Intelligence and understand how those domains could be applied to the various fields of the industry.
Future of Artificial Intelligence
If the future of technology doesn’t excite you then I suggest you read about technologies around you or don’t use your smartphone or anything for a couple of hours. Well, I’m a curious person and I mostly think about the future and I ask myself “how are our future gonna be?” “What will happen to Earth because of climate change?” and many questions. I want you to ask some questions to yourself and comment it down.
Alright now onto the topic “future of AI” well honestly speaking the future of AI will divide into fields and combine with robotics and AI in our future, you’re guessing just like we see in movies. The answer is No! We see human fictional imagination in movies but reality lies far away. But yeah those concepts are really cool to see. In the future, we can expect more hybrid robots powered with AI or better say humanoids, life-saving bots that we have in our smartphones, or even Jarvis just kidding but maybe.
Ideas for Artificial Intelligence
There are so many existing AI but we really can build more advanced, totally machine-driven, and smart AI. Here are some ideas that I think could be in our future:-
- Drone Patrol & Surveillance: In the future, we could see drones flying in the sky doing surveillance. This can change the on-ground surveillance and can be very helpful to identify any potential threat. It can be great for women's safety.
- Emotional Companion: Some so many people suffer from an emotional breakdown, depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues. We can think of an emotional companion that will monitor and help in the cure of the patient.
- AI in Space exploration: AI can help us identify and explore space more deeply. We can have algorithms to identify new planets, new surfaces, or stars. AI can also be very helpful if we build it for human survival on Mars or the Moon, as it replicates human’s thinking it can replicate human survival behavior and the mental situation in space.
- AI for climate change: We can expect to have an AI that can identify the possible threats and can predict the effect on Earth because of climate change. This AI can help us to spread awareness with predicted data for the future earth. I will count on technology to save the Earth 🌍.
- AI for cybercrime: As technology is developing and everyone’s getting onto the internet, the rate of cybercrime will also increase in rapid speed, and to prevent cybercrime AI can be the key aspect. It can trace the digital footprints, can flag the threat on the internet, and can identify misleading information or content.
How can I make an AI?
Anyone can start building their imagination for AI but you must learn programming, mathematics theory, below are the steps how you can learn AI and start programming it.
- Learn the mathematics and basics of programming
- Brush up with Python
- Buy a book
- Watch tutorials or take the suggested course
- Practice often
- Don’t seek perfection
- Start with a problem-solver mindset
- Keep learning and dive deep in AI & ML
If you’re an absolute beginner you can still make a web chatbot using Dialogflow. Here’s a project I made using Dialogflow.
You can start your AI journey by learning the basics online. I recommend you to take IBM AI for Everyone, it’s absolutely free on edx.org and you can even add certificates by paying the fees.